Okay fiends,
I don't normally do this but it is just too appropriate for my blog so I must share here.
Below are some ways to really let them know how you feel in a very old school way.
I have always been a fan of Shakespearean insults because the guy practically made up the English language and because I love theatre and whatnot. But who's doing word knives like, old school, Latin style? Not that many people...
This Side of Mind has a lot of readers and I still enjoy writing a bunch so if you enjoy my Latin object writings and you enjoy them made into soundscapes and want to read, see, or hear more and maybe even see some short films and goofy music videos you can follow me here or comment, tell me you want it, be my patron on Patreon or follow my public figure page on Facebook, if that's your thing. OR, if you must, hate by commenting something like “Flocci non faccio” about your art, in fact “Puto vos esse molestissimos” or something like that. (if you do that I'll actually think you LIKE what I'm doing so, there's that).
How will you use these old puppies?
"BASIC CURSE WORDS: EXCLAMATIONS!
“faex” – sh*t
“cane” – bitch (this is actually referring to a dog, however, and not the female derogatory)
“deodamnatus” – dammit
“Irrumator” – Bastard
“Bovis stercus” – Bull sh*t
“Lupa” – Slut
“Leno” – Pimp
BASIC SAYINGS:
filius canis” – son of a b**ch (literally ‘son of a dog’)
“futuere” – get f**ked
“futue te ipsi” – f**k you
“ede faecam” – eat sh*t
“Flocci non faccio” – I don’t give a damn
“Stercus accidit” – Sh*t happens
SWEAR WORDS & INSULTS:
“Es stultior asino” – You are dumber than an a**
“Es scortum obscenus vilis” – You are a vile, perverted whore
“Te futueo et caballum tuum” – Screw you and the horse you rode in on
“Es mundus excrementi” – You are a pile of sh*t
“Es stercus!” You sh*t!
“Moecha Putida” – Dirty slut
“Podex perfectus es” – You’re a complete a**hole
“Potes meos suaviari clunes” – You can kiss my a**.
“Futue te ipsum!” – Go f*ck yourself!
“Perite” – F*ck off!
“Vacca stulta” – You stupid cow
fututus et mori in igni” – f**k off and die in a fire
“Vescere bracis meis” – Eat my shorts
“Morologus es!” – You’re talking like a moron!
“Puto vos esse molestissimos” – I think that you are very annoying
“Qualem blennum!” – What a doofus!
“Qualem muleirculam!” – What a bimbo"
So, because I LIKE you I'm sharing a secret Latin geek resource of mine below. Also: because they are awesome.
via https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/latin-profanity-how-to-swear-in-latin/
After reading all of that, you might be thinking, “Qualem blennum!” but if you're all like, "that wasn't so bad."
Then here's a recent clip for your listening whatever:
Thisnt
You want a video? Say it out loud!

1 comment:
Thank you, Nathaniel. These should come in handy. Did I tell you that I used my Spanglish swear words as passwords when I was at the museum in DC? When I came back to California, I switched to Yiddish. Now I some additional resources.
GP
Post a Comment