Saturday, September 13, 2008

Consumer Power through Writing: Carolina's Mexican Food

From: Nathaniel Burns
Sent:
Sat 9/13/08 4:55 PM
To:
comments@carolinasmex.com



Hello Carolina's

I have to say I crave your food!

With that said, I was so excited to visit your Mojave location for the first time last night and didn't get there until 7pm. The location was disastrous, with no salsa in the dispensers and trash all along the floor. The people working seemed to be working hard, doing their best, however, I was greeted with a "what do you want?" and when I said something from the menu, the clerk automatically rang it in.

I understand you must have a ton of regulars that know exactly what they want every time and that kind of service works for them. I on the other hand, and as you continue to grow - many others, I'm sure, will feel rushed and unable to connect with the clerk to identify my wants as a customer. I saw many people handled this way and I think you lost some sales due to this type of service and environment!!

I ordered one green and one red burrito, no meat. When i got it the burros spilled the sauce all over the table and I couldn't even eat them. I would expect the clerk would realize he's selling me soup in a tortilla and perhaps told me that that was what I was ordering...

When I figured this out, I studied your menu harder this time and made sure to the tell the clerk that I wasn't ready yet. I proceeded to order my old favorite, two 3 ways with potatoes, no meat.

They came out with meat. The clerk said he'll "give me an extra one".

I ordered two cheese tortillas and two dozen tortillas and two more 3 ways with potatoes, no meat to go.

I asked if you had Horchata, he said, "I don't know if we have it"

So I got and paid for two burros I can't eat as a vegetarian. You lost my sale on the Horchata, and I don't think I'll go back to the Mojave location anytime soon if at all.

I got my food which is always delicious, and I almost always spend forty to fifty dollars when I come to eat at Carolina's.

Thought you should know what happened, I would give them more staff, you'll make more sales and people like me won't write poor reviews of your establishment.

*As a side-note, I have gone to you Cactus location many times and I sometimes have to return the food because I have asked for "no meat" and meat came in it.* Sometimes I don't realize until I get home and then I have to rethink dinner for myself and family!

Now I have some questions to put into my article that I wanted your help on.

What dishes offered at Carolina's are without meat or animal products?

Is there a certain way to order them at your restaurant?

I always buy your homemade tortillas, in a sentence, what makes them so good?

What is Carolina's doing to give back to the community and environment?

Your Cooperation is appreciated and thank you for listening,
Nathaniel

No comments: